B R O W S E ....
2 delicious recipes to make with ripe bananas!
We all have good intentions when it comes to eating those bananas when we leave the grocery store. But, man those things ripen fast sometimes, don’t they!?
I have been having some fun making new things besides banana bread with those ripe bananas!
Here are my top 2 recipes to bake with those ripe bananas!
I found this delicious recipe that included the frozen blueberries I still had in the freezer! I also added some chocolate chips! Because it is ALWAYS a good idea to add chocolate chips!
You can make this the night before to pop it in the oven right away in the morning! You can also drizzle a little bit of maple syrup on top too! SOOOO YUMMY!
I’ve made this multiple times & it’s soooo yummy!
Banana Bread of course!
I am sharing the recipe I have used for nearly 16 years! This recipe was written down in my journal so long ago! I have used that journal every single time to make the bread. I finally make a photocopy of it to have on hand. The pages of that piece are so filled with the makings of bread before.
- WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 2 CUPS all-purpose flour (I use gluten-free)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 CUP butter (room temp)
- 3/4 CUP brown sugar
- 2 medium eggs (beaten & room temp)
- 2 1/3 CUP smashed banana (about 2 bananas)
- 3/4 CUP chocolate chips – or really however many want to add!
- STEPS TO TAKE
- Preheat oven to 350
- Grease a 9×5 bread pan
- IN LARGE BOWL
- combine flour, baking soda & salt
- IN 2nd BOWL
- cream together brown sugar & butter
- mix together eggs & bananas until well blended
- all above until just moistened
- add in about 3/4 CUP Chocolate chips
- POU ALL INTO GREASED PAN
- put into the oven (make sure rack in the middle of the oven.
- BAKE for up to 1 HOUR
- Check on it 45 min in!
- Stick a knife or toothpick into center – if it comes out mostly clean TAKE IT OUT!
Let cool fully & ENJOY! YUM!