The Old Fashioned is a staple in Wisconsin! We actually lead the United States in Brandy sales!
I know that Wisconsin leads in Brandy Sales due to Brandy Old Fashions, but Justin and I are MAJOR Whiskey fans here! So I am going to share how we make our Makers Mark Old Fashion Presses at home!
MAKERS MARK WHISKEY OLD FASHIONED PRESS RECIPE WITH BLOOD ORANGES
- Makers Mark Bourbon
- Cherries – I prefer these beautiful cherries!
- An Orange
- A muddler – a good wooden one is best!
- Bitters – there are flavored ones, but the original is our go-to!
- A glass – I used a mason jar
- Drink Stirrer from Grasshopper Goods
- Soda Water of Choice – I used Topo Chico
How to Make your Drink!
- Put into glass
- 1 slice of orange
- 2 cherries
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 dashes of Bitters (or to taste)
- Muddle it well (make sure not to crush the rind
- Fill glass with ice
- Pour in 2 shots of Makers Mark
- Fill the remaining room with
- 7 up & Soda Water to taste
- Stir & garnish with a cherry & orange slice!
- DRINK UP! CHEERS!