How to prevent dry skin when washing your hands a million times a day!
We are all washing our hands a million times day! More than we ever used to, just to stay safe and healthy! A lot of people I know have been getting super dry and cracked skin from all the washing. Is this you!? Well, I am here to help you out with some tips on how to prevent dry skin!
Growing up on a farm every Summer our hands would get super rough from all the work and hand washing we had to do. But, we rarely had sore and cracked skin, just working hands. Plus, people were always surprised that my Dad’s hands were so soft! My Dad was the Farmer with the softest hands!
Here are some tips on how to keep your hands soft and smooth! Prevent dry skin today!
- Don’t wash with HOT water! Use warm water! This will help keep your hands from drying out! This goes for in the shower too!
- Use alcohol-free soap! We use Softsoap in our apartment, and it was what my family has used for YEARS! This soap is crazy good at keeping your hands from drying out! No matter how many times you wash your hands!
- NO, you don’t need antibacterial soap! Washing your hands more than 20 secs with regular soap works just as great!
- Pat dry your hands, don’t rub! You may have heard this when getting out of the shower, the same goes for the hands! Since starting this myself, it has helped a lot!
- Find a good moisturizer! We simply LOVE the Hempz Lotion, as it smells good, non-greasy and great for Justin’s sensitive skin! My parents really like Gold Bond with Shea Butter! When our hands are super dry, we use Vaseline and Aquaphor Ointment.
- The ointment is best to use at night when your skin is repairing! You can even wear socks or gloves on your hands to let it fully soak in and help prevent dry skin.
If you cannot find these lotions or ointments in the store you can go all natural!
- Olive Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Avocado Oil
These oils are all great to use on your dry skin!