Oahu Hawaii helicopter photography tour, why you should do a helicopter tour!
When I decided to book our tickets to Hawaii I just knew I had to contact my rad friend Andy who lives on Oahu Hawaii! He has lived there for a few years and owns an amazing ariel photography company, so of course, we had to go up and have him show us around!
He asked us what we wanted to see while we are up, and I could think about was Jurassic Park, DUH! As I am obsessed with all those movies!
But, I really just wanted to see it all!
My Mom told me a helicopter tour was a MUST when we went to Hawaii. I have to agree with her!
This is the best way to see Hawaii! I don’t think I would have fallen in love with Hawaii as much as I did if I didn’t take a helicopter tour!
Throughout the whole ride, Andy was the best tour guide ever! He told us things I never knew about the Island. I was trying so hard to listen, but I was in so my awe of what I was seeing. Most of my photos are of the water, as you may know, I am obsessed with water!
I couldn’t get over how blue the water was, how green the mountains were, how simply beautiful Hawaii is. Especially if you are traveling to the Island with limited time like we did. It is a great way to see so much of the Island in one day!
Should you do an open-door helicopter tour?
- YES YES YES a million times YES!
- As stated above, it’s the best way to see the Island!
- You should totally do it with the DOORS OFF!
- Feeling the air on your face that high up is AMAZING!
- It is NOT scary at all! I thought I would be terrified, but nope! Not at all! You are strapped in there good!
- It gets SUPER bumpy, but I was warned ahead of time and took some Dramamine! So if you get car sick easily, this is a must! But, just in case they do have Aloha bags 🙂